Reflections on Chicago, Real Estate, and Life!

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Chicago Neighborhoods Part 2

Recently, I had a client express interest in living in Logan Square, Lincoln Square, or Ravenswood, therefore I began researching those areas. I am not as familiar with Logan Square, as compared to other neighborhoods in Chicago. However, I recently met a couple who purchased a single family home in that area less than one year ago. This couple recently had a baby and was struggling to find an affordable single family home, with a yard, close to downtown. My interest was peaked when the couple informed me that their neighborhood was full of new construction projects, and that a lot of families were relocating from nearby, yet pricier neighborhoods.

Logan Square is viewed by many as an up and coming neighborhood, which may mean that it is an opportune time to move there. On the other hand, some may feel that the term "up and coming" indicates that the neighborhood needs another 5-10 years of improvements before it should be considered. Overall, it may just be a great time to check it out and see if it suits your living needs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home