Reflections on Chicago, Real Estate, and Life!

Monday, December 4, 2006

First Open House Weekend

This weekend I sat my first open house at 4445 N. Paulina in Ravenswood. It was freezing cold, both Saturday and Sunday, and Saturday was actually the coldest December 2nd on record in Chicago! I learned the hard way that I should not walk on the icy sidewalks carrying my open house signs from corner to corner. Sunday, I chose to drive with my signs to selected destinations, anywhere from 1 to 6 blocks from my open house. I guess I am used to walking everywhere, but it is difficult walking in the snow with 8 signs that weigh about 20 pounds each! Anyways, it was pretty dead all weekend, I had 2 groups on Saturday, and 2 on Sunday. All of the prospective clients were working with agents, but I still felt them out by responding to questions pertaining to the property, and by asking them what exactly they were looking for in a home. Overall, it was great just to be there, waiting for any consumer of real estate services to walk through that door and become a potential client. I am anxious for next weekend, no matter where I am at, I know that I will be given a chance to meet people and convert them into my clients. I am ready to get them in my car!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home